Sunday, January 2, 2011

Let it flow

Todays reading from John envelopes my mind in mystery.  How can I possibly grasp the scope of God's plan?  I can't!  But I can respond.  Not with practical understanding -- rather, with awe, amazement, gratitude, and whatever inadequate love my human existence can muster!  My words flow in a song of sighs, without melody, but saturated with the love that erupts from God's presence here and now.  Here they are.  This is one way I can tell the story.


In the beginning there was nothing...and there was everything.

Everything was starting...everything was complete.

There was a fullness...

It excluded nothing....

Its desire surrounded all things...all things emerged from it.

It always has been, it is now, and it always will be.

It enfolds you and has been enfolding you in all time...even before there was time.

It gazes upon you with total recognition. It recognizes beauty and flaw, strength and weakness, abundance and poverty.

It infuses you with all that you need for wholeness.

The less you struggle to understand the mystery of God's love the more you can bask in it and the more compelling it is manifest through you to others.


No struggle.  Simply be with it as it is with you.

Dwell with the one who is Emmanuel...God with us.

No comments: